Who are we?
‘We’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refer to Real Estate Plus Australia Pty Ltd (t/as Real Estate Plus) ABN 94 089 135 455 and our related businesses.
Our commitment to protect your privacy
We recognise that any personal information we collect about you will only be used for the purposes we have collected it or as allowed under the law. It is important to us that you are confident that any personal information we hold about you will be treated in a way which ensures protection of your personal information.
Our commitment in respect of personal information is to abide by the Australian Privacy Principles for the protection of personal information, as set out in the Privacy Act and any other relevant law.
When we refer to personal information we mean information from which your identity is reasonably apparent. This information may include information or an opinion about you. The personal information we hold about you may also include
· the obtaining of information from sellers used with respect to the marketing and sale of real estate properties and businesses;
· the collection and use of information from databases of comparable sales of properties and businesses in order to appraise the value of other properties and businesses and in order to assist in the marketing of those properties and businesses;
· information from purchasers and potential purchasers of properties and businesses;
· details of properties, owners and tenants used for the purpose of managing the leasing of both commercial and residential properties;
· data obtained from third parties for the use of marketing, selling and leasing real estate properties and businesses
Why we collect your personal information
We hold, collect, use and disclose personal information referred to above for the primary purpose of enabling it to conduct the services that it provides to its customers, sellers, buyers, owners and tenants and to enable it to market the provision of those services. In particular:
· the group collects information to enable it to provide services in connection with the sale or leasing of properties and businesses;
· information collected by the group is used to provide advice to customers and prospective customers with respect to real estate and business agency matters;
· information collected by the group issued to assist with the delivery of services via the internet;
· information obtained from third parties, including the Valuer General’s Office, Landgate, local councils and other organisations is used for the purpose of assisting the agency in the valuing, selling and leasing of properties and businesses;
· information obtained by the real estate agency is used for the purpose of marketing the services of the agency;
· the group may contract out services to third parties that involves disclosing personal information. For example, personal information may be given to a maintenance contractor to enable the business to carry out routine maintenance of a property.
We may also collect your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing and managing our relationship with you. From time to time we may offer you other products and services.
To enable us to maintain a successful business relationship with you, we may disclose your personal information to other organisations that provide products or services used or marketed by us. We may also disclose your personal information to any other organisation that may have or is considering having an interest in your finance, or in our business.
How do we collect your personal information?
Where reasonable and practical we will collect your personal information directly from you. We may also collect your personal information:
· through your access and se of our website;
· by telephone, letter, fax or email;
· during conversations between you and our representatives;
· by contracting with us;
· by entering competitions, promotions or requesting information or material from us; or
· completing surveys or providing feedback.
Do we disclose your personal information?
· We may disclose your personal information:
· to associated businesses that may want to market products to you;
· to companies that provide information and infrastructure systems to us;
· to anybody who represents you, such as finance brokers, lawyers and accountants;
· to anyone, where you have provided us consent; or
· to investors, agents or advisers, or any entity that has an interest in our business.
Prior to disclosing any of your personal information to another person or organisation, we will take all reasonable steps to satisfy ourselves that:
(a) the person or organisation has a commitment to protecting your personal information at least equal to our commitment, or
(b) you have consented to us making the disclosure.
From time to time we may use your personal information to provide you with current information about real estate, offers you may find of interest, changes to our organisation, or new products or services being offered by us or any company with whom we are associated.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information, you may at any time decline to receive such information by telephoning us on 08 9274 5000 or by writing to us at PO Box 440, Midland DC WA 6936. If the direct marketing is by email you may also use the unsubscribe function. We will not charge you for giving effect to your request and will take all reasonable steps to meet your request at the earliest possible opportunity.
Updating your personal information
It is important to us that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. During the course of our relationship with you we may ask you to inform us if any of your personal information has changed.
If you wish to make any changes to your personal information, you may contact us. We will generally rely on you to ensure the information we hold about you is accurate or complete.
Access and correction to your personal information
We will provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you. You may request access to any of the personal information we hold about you at any time.
We may charge a fee for our costs of retrieving and supplying the information to you.
Depending on the type of request that you make we may respond to your request immediately, otherwise we usually respond to you within seven days of receiving your request. We may need to contact other entities to properly investigate your request.
There may be situations where we are not required to provide you with access to your personal information, for example, if the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings, or if your request is vexatious.
An explanation will be provided to you if we deny you access to the personal information we hold about you.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, inaccurate or out of date you may request that we correct the information. If appropriate we will correct the personal information. At the time of the request, otherwise, we will provide an initial response to you within seven days of receiving your request. Where reasonable, and after our investigation, we will provide you with details about whether we have corrected the personal information within 30 days.
We may need to consult with other entities as part of our investigation.
If we refuse to correct personal information we will provide you with our reasons for not correcting the information.
Business without identifying you
In most circumstances it will be necessary for us to identify you in order to successfully do business with you, however, where it is lawful and practicable to do so, we will offer you the opportunity of doing business with us without providing us with personal information, for example, if you make general inquiries about interest rates or current promotional offers.
We will only collect sensitive information about you with your consent. Sensitive information is personal information that includes information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political persuasion, memberships in trade or professional associations or trade unions, sexual preferences, criminal record, or health.
How safe and secure is your personal information that we hold?
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information by storing it in a secure environment. We may store your personal information in paper and electronic form. We will also take reasonable steps to protect any personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If you are dissatisfied with how we have dealt with your personal information, or you have a complaint about our compliance with the Privacy Act, you may contact our complaints officer on 08 9274 5000.
We will acknowledge your complaint within seven days. We will provide you with a decision on your complaint within 30 days.
If you are dissatisfied with the response of our complaints officer you may make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner who can be contacted on either www.oaic.gov.au or 1300 363 992.
You may request further information about the way we manage your personal information by contacting us.
We are constantly reviewing all of our policies and attempt to keep up to date with market expectations. Technology is constantly changing, as is the law and market place practices.